I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Future after 50

I don't know about the rest of you 50 year olds and 50 plusers but since turning 50 and realizing that I'm in the perimenapausal stage getting ready to go into full blown menapause, I've become more health conscious than I ever have before. I've always ate pretty healthy and worked out but never really concerned myself with the reality that someday my hormones would be all out of wack and that would dramatically effect my physical and mental health.

Looking back now, I realize that I should have looked into getting more information on hormones when I was in my mid to late 30s. That's when I remember things starting to change. And by the time I had my kids, I was an emotional wreck. Ask my husband! ha! In my mid to late 40s I started taking more supplements, exercising more regularly and questioning why I was still so out of sorts, emotional and angry all the time. When I finally went to my Ob-gyn and he told me that I was in the pre stages of menapause, things started falling into place.

Then, I started reading Suzanne Somers book Breakthrough and also read a few more books regarding women's health, etc. I realized that this is not the end and that my life in my 50s could actually be better than is was in my 20s. There IS hope. I have become SO interested in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Hormones are involved in EVERYTHING we do and EVERYTHING that makes the body healthy and productive. And if they are not working like they should or have started to deplete (which can start happening in women as early as their mid-30s) then it throws your emotions and physical health right out the window.

I urge those of you that are in your 30s to not take this lightly. And for those of you that are in your 40s or starting the menapause stage, please look into this type of therapy. Don't take the synthetic hormones. God made our bodies so perfect and if we find the right formula for them where everything works in sync (like it should) then we can enjoy YEARS of optimal health.

I'm excited for my future because I know that it is within my control. I hope the rest of you enjoy your health, as well. It doesn't have to be a downhill slide. I guess that's why they call them the Golden Years. Here is the link to Suzanne's blog. http://www.suzannesomers.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment