I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Break

Oh my... it's been a month since I posted anything on this blog. That is very unusual for me. But to explain - I have been busy writing and working and trying to keep up with my 3 boys (one being a 6'3", 200 lb man). I decided that I needed a well-deserved break from all of this. I am still trying to get my "writing blog" up and running but it's been a struggle to say the least.

I am trying to get my first book finalized so I can send it off to numerous publishers (wish me luck!) and I joined the NaNoWriMo contest this month and I'm only up to 16,000 words. I figured yesterday that I need to write about 4,000 words a day for the next 10 days in order to finish at 50,000 or more by the end of this month. Whew!!  My keyboard is gonna be smokin'!
Post image for NaNoWriMo: The Right Rite of Passage for Writers

I have been busy checking out facebook writer/author pages and twitter. I'm learning so much from all of the authors out there and aspiring writers like myself. It's so exciting! I never dreamed I'd be going on this journey. Well, I hoped I would but it's turned out to be such a wonderful experience in my life. I'm looking forward to where it leads me and all of the wonderful people and contacts I'm going to make.

So, bare with me. I'm a diamond in the rough and I'll eventually get there. I always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment