I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Music for my ears and soul

It has been a while since I've posted on this blog. I apologize to those of you that follow. I have been trying to concentrate on my writing blog a little more and get it up to speed. 
I felt the need to post these pictures since it was a very wonderful experience for me this past Christmas. I hadn't sang in a choir in a very long time. Back in the day (boy, that statement really ages me, doesn't it), I could sing fairly well. I took voice lessons from the best voice teacher in our surrounding areas, I sang in school and for church, solos and all.

But, unfortunately, as I have gotten older, so has my voice. When I was younger I had a very wide range, usually singing 1st & 2nd Soprano. But to hear me talk, you would never suspect that I could sing that high. Needless to say, my voice range has decreased a bit. But I have to say that I had the best time singing in the Community Choir this past Christmas. It was my first time, maybe my last (just because I can not contribute as much as I'd like to anymore) but the experience was awesome and brought back so many wonderful memories.
Thank you, Janice Bradshaw and the rest of the choir for letting me tag along, hopefully contributing a little to the gleeful outcome, and enjoying it so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment