I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Blue & Gold Banquet

The Cub Scouts had their Blue & Gold Banquet a couple of weeks ago. This is an annual banquet where the Bear cubs move up to Webelos and the Webelos move on up to Boy Scouts. Michael is a Bear cub and it was the Bear cubs responsibility for the banquet to make cakes. In celebrating the 100th birthday of the Boy Scouts of America, the Bear cubs each made a cake all by themselves (well, maybe with a little help from the moms) and then they were rallied off. It was great fun. Michael made a cake in the shape of a Bear Cub head. I was so proud of him. He did such a great job! All the cakes were really good and done with a lot of imagination. I wish I had gotten pictures of all of them. I'll remember next year.

The next picture is the remains of the other cake that we used to cut up for pieces on Michael's cake. Vince wanted to decorate that one. Even though it doesn't look very appealing...it was very tasty.



No comments:

Post a Comment