I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

50 is great

I was thinking while walking into work this morning of how great it is to be of an age where I am free of all the social pressures our youth face today. I now have the freedom to wear what I want without wondering if it's "in style" or not. Now, I'm not saying that I don't enjoying wearing the latest trends and styles. BUT if I chose to wear my hair up in a banana clip or wear leggins with my skirt and tennis shoes, I'll do it! And I'll walk with pride not caring who is staring or snickering behind my back. It is an enormous feeling of freedom to be able to put on what you feel like in the morning and with or WITHOUT makeup and still feel beautiful and confident. I feel I've earned this and I hope the youth of today can experience this feeling, too, and hopefully before they are 50 years old. Be independent, confident, not afraid to be different and PROUD of it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment