At this time of year I think people tend to reflect a bit more on their life and to think of things and people that they are thankful for. Or, at least, I hope they do. Our family has had some challenges this year and many changes as in years past but I think I have been more reflective this year than any other year before. I, personally, have had some emotional ups and downs (due to that wonderful time in a woman's life...) and we, as a family, have had some financial ups and downs (probably more downs that ups, truth be known). But I have found one thing that always stays constant and that's family and good friends.
Here is a list of things that I am thankful for. I challenge you to go through this same exercise this season. Maybe at Thanksgiving dinner with your family or maybe just in the privacy of your own thoughts. But think about what really matters to you this season and what is really important.
I'm thankful for:
- God and His infinite wisdom and humor.
- my family who loves me unconditionally and always will.
- my 2 sons which have changed my life and fill my days with laughter and endless surprises.
- my husband, Greg, who I am a much better person for having met.
- my friends who I love very much even if I don't see them all the time.
- my country. I am so very proud to call myself an American.
- for those in our military services putting their lives on the line everyday for our freedom.
- for those in the military that have died in past wars and battles that helped to make this country what it is today. May your deaths NEVER be in vain. I love you and appreciate you more than you'll ever know.
- for the shelter over my head, the food on my table, and my bed to sleep on at night. There are so many people out there trying to survive without these basic needs.
- And last but not least....I am thankful for my health. Right now, I am healthy (in all practical purposes...) but if some day that should change, I know that God will be right by my side helping me through the difficult spots.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!