I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Monday, January 3, 2011

Fun times

Have you ever taken a step back in time for a moment...or for an evening/night? It's well worth the trip I assure you. In these times of commitments, obligations and demands on our time it is so easy to get caught up in the hussle and bussle of everyday life and to forget the important things of a simplier time long pasted.

Greg and I bid on a night's stay at the Iron Horse Hotel in Blackwater, MO at our kids' school auction held earlier in 2010. I'm so glad we went. It was such a good time. There were no TVs or radios. It was just us and the hotel and the atmosphere of a time long forgotten. Our room had a fireplace and a white claw foot porcelain tub. The night we stayed was the night that the snow storm came rolling through mid-missouri about the middle of December. It was wonderful! We needed the time away so much and to just concentrate on us and forget about the other pressures we had going on in our lives. I recommend to anyone who ever comes this way. Oh, and BTW....the food was EXCELLENT!!!





Fireplace in our room One of the other rooms in the hotel

No comments:

Post a Comment