I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Isn't she precious!

This is another addition to our family. No, we didn't adopt her....so to speak. We are sponsoring her. Yesterday at our church, a priest from the Diocese of Kansas City, KS came to give mass and talk about the Christian Foundation for Children and Aging (CFCA). This is a Catholic organization started by 3 guys about 25 years ago in Kansas City. I felt so compelled and drawn to do something as I sat there and listened to him speak about their poverty and the incredible conditions they live in. 100s of 1000s of children live in conditions that we can't even imagine. And they don't deserve that way of life. I know there are children right here in our own country that live in the same sort of conditions. And, believe me, we do our part with volunteering and donating when we can to help out others less unfortunate in our own country.

Well, as I sat there, I nugged Greg and just looked into his eyes. He gave me one of those looks like, "I know you want to do this and I think we should, too." It made me so happy. I have wanted to sponsor a child for probably 20 years now but was never quite comfortable in knowing that all of my money would go to that child instead of getting lost in the process or being used for other things to help the foundation instead of the needs of the child. This program eased my uncertainties and we picked out a child. Her name is Katerin Jesenia Molina Cabrera. She is 2 years old and lives in El Salvador. She lives with her mom, grandparents and 2 uncles. This program actually sponsors trips on occasion to go and visit your child if you wish. I can't tell you how excited I am about this new adventure we have started. After we picked out Katerin, Greg looked at me and said, "There's your little girl." The boys are excited about it, too. They call her their little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment