I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Friday, June 12, 2009

Deep in thought....and struggling...

"God never gives you anything that you can't handle." Have you ever heard that phrase? I'm sure you have. I repeat that over and over to myself a lot these days. And when I find myself sitting & wellowing in my own self-pity, I sit back and think of all the people that have it so much worse than me.

I'm usually such an optimistic person but lately it's so easy for me to sit back and think..."no one has it as hard as me"... or "this is the worse thing that has ever happened to me...". And then I'm reminded, unusally by my husband or by God's infinite wisdom & humor (with a non-chalant swift kick in the pants...) that things aren't nearly as bad as they seem.

My emotions and hormones are setting me on edge these days but what about all the people out there that struggle to even get out of bed in the morning. Or they have to have someone dress them or feed them everyday. OR, the ones that struggle so much with their emotions that they have to reside in a mental institution. What I'm going through with pre-menapause has nothing on what they deal with on a daily basic. What about all the people that haven't spoken with their families in years due to misunderstandings or squabbles of some kind. And what about all the people that are alone in this world without any family or friends to turn to, or better yet, don't know where they will sleep tonight or where their next meal will come from or IF it will come at all.

Changing your way of thinking can make a person pretty hubble. I know I can stand to be a bit more hubble and think about what others might be going through instead of feeling sorry for myself when, in actuality, God has given me a pretty good life.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, girlie. This too shall pass. It really is just the hormones talking. You have a wonderful life and an awesome family, and you are blessed beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete