I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day off??


The kids were out of school today. So, after I got a few things done around the house in the morning we all went to the park. They played and had so much fun. They love to go on the merry-go-round that I can push them on. They rode it so much (mommy pushing it...whew!) that Michael started getting a tummy ache from getting dizzy. ha. After playing for about an hour we went to Pizza Hut to use their coupons for the Book It! program from school where they read a certain amount of books (or have mom or dad read the books to them) and they get a coupon for a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut. They ate so good that I told them we'd go to Dairy Queen for ice cream. By this time, I can see Vince's eyes starting to droop. He was getting tired. But, NO, they don't want to take naps...ha. Sunday, after church, we all went out for lunch in Tipton and told them that we were all going to go home and take afternoon naps (Sunday naps are great!). They whined and said, "We're not tired. I don't want to take a nap". When we left to go home, both boys were asleep before we got out of the Tipton city limits. And for those of you that are familiar with Tipton, that's about 5 minutes. We put them to bed when we got home and they slept for 2 more hours.




Anyway, back to my story... when we got home from Dairy Queen, the boys helped with some yard work and pick up around the yard and then they chilled for the rest of the afternoon/evening. It was a nice day. I was worn out by the time I went to bed. I always am when the kids are home with me. I have a very good friend that has adopted 3 little girls and is staying at home with them (right, Rebecca...?) and I think I'M tired??...

You have to cherish the moments and make time for those special days. They won't be young forever. Pretty soon they'll be hanging out with friends and going on dates and you'll never see them. I know I need to stop and cherish these days more often and not worry so much about whether the laundry is done or the dishes are put away or whatever else I think needs to be done. My boys have to come first.

No comments:

Post a Comment