I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Friday, October 3, 2008

I am NOT old!

All I was trying to do was work out. I am almost 50 years old and have vowed to myself that I'm not going to be the typical female going thru menopause that gains weight and doesn't do anything about it. I wasn't 1 minute into my workout (warming up jogging in place) when I heard a LOUD pop and I went to my knees in excruciating pain. I immediately started crying (NOT because of the pain but because I knew that this injury would hinder me from working out for a while). I called Greg. Poor guy...I was crying hysterically. He didn't know what to do and I barely got out what had happened to me. Looking back now, it's kind of comical. I'm still upset but we'll get through it. I haven't ever had a problem with my age but getting closer to 50 has slowed down my metabolism and made me realize the reality and that I need to do something to counteract it. Luckily, I didn't break anything but I have to go see a pediatrist. Turns out I have some extra bones in my heal, several bone spures and 2 of my bones connecting to my little toe are fused together. Go figure.... Don't know what caused the popping noise and I can't put ANY weight on it. So, I'm hobbling around on my crutches trying to still take care of my family. The boys helped me make their lunches this morning. They are so great!! I really am blessed even with a bum foot. Like Greg said...God never gives us more than we can handle. Thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! You didn't tell me this when I talked to you on the phone yesterday! You poor girl! I hope you get your YOUNG self back on your feet soon! You are not getting OLD!

    ReplyDelete