I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Friday, December 26, 2008

WOW! Did that tornado hit your house, too?!....

Well, it's over. Or should I say, the opening presents part is over. We still keep our tree and decorations up for about 12 days after Christmas (alas...The Twelve Days of Christmas).
We had a really nice Christmas.

We always go over to my parents in KC along with my sister and her family on Christmas Eve. Things got started a little later than planned so we were rushing to get our kids back home to take care of all the Christmas traditions of putting cookies (or in this case, a brownie and a piece of cake) and milk out for Santa, letting the kids open 1 present before going to bed, putting the reindeer food out on the lawn, and reading 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Plus, Michael had lost another tooth earlier that day so we had to put that in an envelope and leave it under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy. The boys were so excited.

My mom & dad drove back over to our house that night and spent the night so they could be there in the morning to spend time with the boys. They really enjoyed it and we were so glad they were willing to travel so much on Christmas Day. They left about lunch time to go to my sister's in Holden for Christmas dinner. I cooked a turkey dinner for us here at home and a good friend of ours came over to share it with us. Greg wasn't feeling very good Christmas Eve or Christmas morning but, bless his heart, he cowboyed up and hung in there putting toys together and playing with the boys. By the end of the day he was feeling better. It was a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment