I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

To get old but not feel it...

Getting old is not fun. Especially when you've always been pretty active. And I can't imagine any normal "ache & pain" more uncomfortable than back pain. And I have it. Unfortunately, I've inherited my dad's bad joints and muscles. And the recovery time isn't as fast as it used to be when I was younger. I tend not to be a very good patient either. I don't like to be down and not able to do what I usually do and the first sign of feeling better, I'm up and going full speed. Which, sometimes, isn't the best medicine. But the worse part about these injuries is I can't spend the quality time with my sons when I'm hurt. And that bothers me most of all. Since we had our sons later in life it's going to be harder for us to stay physically fit so we can keep up with our boys and their activities.

Anyway, I guess this blog is sort of a commitment to myself and to those of you who read this. They say that you're much more committed and apt to accomplish a goal if you write it down or tell someone. Well, I'm telling all of you now.

This is my commitment:

To focus (on a regular and consistent basis) at stretching and exercising in order to get my body in better shape so that the next time I make a slight movement to the left or right or lift something that may only weight 10 lbs, I won't throw my back out or sprain something.

I've always worked out and I think I'm overall in pretty good shape. But I haven't been working on those certain muscles and parts of my body that need extra attention these days. I hate to admit it but I am getting older. I'm proud to say that I'm in pretty good shape but I want to be in better shape by the time I'm 50 and I don't want to throw my hands up and give up being active just because I'm getting older and it's harder to get moving than it used to be.

So, there it is.... my commitment to you and to myself. By the time I'm 50 (next June) I will be in better physical (and mental, might I add) shape than I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment