I write and write and write. I am looking for authors and down-to-earth people who share my interest and can give a novice, like myself, good advice in this exciting but demanding field. Looking forward to hearing from you. God Bless!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Great post...

A very good friend of mine posted a post on her blog a few days ago that I thought was very very good. It had to do with what really made a "super-mom". She talked about not juggling off-hour emails or having power lunches or corporate meetings anymore. She didn't have to hassle with rush hour traffic or deadlines. She used to have to do these things. I know because I used to work with her years ago at the same large international company in Kansas City.

But now, her days are filled with dressing 3 little girls under the age of 6, preparing breakfasts, lunches & dinners for her husband and children, running the kids to soccer practices and doctor's appointments, paying bills, home schooling, grocery shopping and dozens of other duties.

She doesn't have to juggle the job AND the home life. But the home life keeps her busy enough for both. In this day and age, I think we tend to forget how tough of a job being a stay-at-home mom is. You may not bring in the paycheck or make big important corporate decisions, but the stay-at-home moms are juggling so much while trying to mold their children into descent adults. And that involves making a lot of important decisions.

Hats off to all the stay-at-home moms. You ARE Super Moms in my eyes whether you get paid for it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment